Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2018

WIP Update: ForeMothers

My current WIP is finally taking some shape I may be able to stand.  It has gone from comedy to drama, shed 50% of its original cast list, and gone from being a frivolous tribal rah-rah, to having some real 21st century significance.  It's not the play I wanted to write when I started the project, but it is what it is.  Art is as art decides to be.  Another significant change is in the play's name.  It was to be Holy Mamas.  Now, it is ForeMothers.  We'll see how long that sticks.

I am not ready to share snippets or specific plans, so here is a little related artwork to whet your whistle.


Expulsion of Ishmael and His Mother.png

Public Domain, Link

Sometimes, history repeats.  Always, it echos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Woman

Red Woman By Stephanie Mesler I see you, a dismal speck of grey, washed over with the red that is myself.   You are withered and infinitesim...