Pages

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Welcome to Drafted!

I know writers who do this thing daily for hours on end.  They are focused, driven.  Many of them love every moment they spend at their craft; others are more tortured.  Me?  I am neither of those.  I love writing when I do it and I don't do it when I don't love it.  The result is that my life is a timeline of literarily fertile periods alternating with infertile times.  These periods of fertility can last anywhere from weeks to years, as can the infertile ones.  I am just coming out of a dry spell, during which I tried once or twice to force the issue, to make myself sit down at the keyboard and create, but never managed to produce more than a few paragraphs of uninspired drivel.  Now, I am ready to write again.  How do I know?  Because I have awakened several mornings lately thinking about my characters and their stories.  Because I am able finally to clear some time in the calendar for doing the work.  Of course, I was always able to do that; I just didn't.  Now I have done so and that is another sign I am ready to write.

Fresh fertility I think warrants a fresh blog.  Welcome to Drafted!  Here, I will write about writing and share links to what I write, much of which will be shared free of charge.  I hope you will follow me here and check in frequently to keep up with what's cooking on my laptop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Woman

Red Woman By Stephanie Mesler I see you, a dismal speck of grey, washed over with the red that is myself.   You are withered and infinitesim...